Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crazy Day

Some days are just so routine that there is nothing to talk about..at least on here. Today was different. First thing this morning I went to my sons school where he and a classmate were taking part in the HUGE food drive that Everett High School does every year. They met me outside and we filled my van with 8 boxes of food (enough for a family of 6 for 2 weeks) and we set out on our venture to deliver Thanksgiving treats to the family in need. This was a great way to get in the spirit of the holiday. A big THANKS to EHS for providing for those less fortunate!!!

Next in my day was not very exciting at all..I met with my surgeon again (after putting him off for 2 years) and it has been decided that I will have my third hernia repair on December 29th. I have been putting it off waiting for lots of reasons.. enough PTO from work so I can still pay the bills, timing so it's convenient for my workplace, and FEAR!! This surgery is worse than have my c-sections and I am not looking forward going under the knife, however I know it is needed as this hernia is very large and as with any hernia can be life threatening. I first developed my incisional hernia when my daughter was 4 mos old..could it be a result of having an 11 lb baby and 2 c-sections..my poor stomach muscles just couldn't regain their strength :o( Anyway... I am sure once it over I will feel better knowing I have finally taken care of it.

Moving on from that.. my daughter is 14 tomorrow and since she is leaving for a soccer tournament in San Diego tomorrow (I am not going to this one) we had her birthday dinner tonight. It's always a tradition that my mom makes us our dinner of choice and a cake. My daughter was anxious for her presents and excited that it is finally her birthday! It was definitely an interesting evening trying to have fun with her and get her ready for her trip at the same time. She is very excited as she loves to travel but this time she is flying alone and as a result is a little more nervous. It will be good for her..but there is my baby flying alone on her birthday...sometimes it's hard to let go!!

No comments: